Lindsey D Vance, ATR, LPC
Address: Washington, DC 20012
Lindsey Vance, MA is a fine artist, art therapist, and consultant. She holds a BA in Psychology and Studio Art and a MA in Art Therapy, with an emphasis in Trauma and Counseling. Lindsey has experience working as a commercial and fine artist, graphic designer, an art therapist, a manager, and a consultant on many projects.
She has over ten years of experience working with youth in crisis and with special needs, where in she developed and designed appropriate interventions and programs. She has led and managed team projects, as well as served as a central resource to achieving team goals. She often collaborates with diverse partners to maximize the provision of services to clients. On many occasions, Lindsey has presented on art therapy, diversity and trauma to audiences that range from high school students to experienced professionals.
Selected Exhibitions and Presentations
Art of the Community, Graffiti Mural project with Sunshine Health and Lauderhill YMCA
Anti-Bullying Mural Workshop with Linder Elementary, Centene Corporation, Children’s National Medical Center, and Cenpatico. Austin, TX
Countdown to the Orange Bowl Graffiti Mural Project for Centene Corporation, Sunshine Health and Make A Wish Foundation
Anti-Bullying Mural Workshop with Friendship Blow Pierce Junior Academy, Centene Corporation, Children’s National Medical Center, and Cenpatico. Washington, DC
Anti-Bullying Mural Workshop with Oak Park Elementary, Centene Corporation, Children’s National Medical Center, and Cenpatico. Baton Rouge, LA
43rd Annual AATA Conference, Savannah, GA- Presented: Falling in Love with Hip Hop, Multicultural Exchange and Making Sense, Making Special: Grief, Loss and Memory Mosaics 2012
Mixed Tape Revolution, Mixed Media 2011
40th Annual AATA Conference, Dallas, TX- Presented: Voyage to India: The Visual Perspective of Multicultural Art Therapy 2010
The George Washington University, Art Therapy Program- Oil Paintings 2009
The University of Maryland, ‘Segue,’ Senior Show- Oil based collage 2007
The University of Maryland, ‘Proof,’ Printmaking Show,- Silk screen and monotype 2006
The University of Maryland, ‘Plurality’, -Mixed media collage 2005
DBT, Focusing, and Mindfulness
Psychotherapy with Adults, Adolescents, and Children
Group and Individual Therapy
Clinical Supervision for art therapy students
Grief and Loss
Fine Art/ Graphic Design
Leadership and Management Consulting
Data Entry and Computing Services
2010 - present
2010 - present
Senior Art Therapist.
Miriam's Kitchen, Washington, DC.
2013 - Present
· Manage the Miriam’s Studio program, which sees nearly 60 guests per session.
· Facilitate group art therapy using an open studio model. Use art therapy as a tool to build relationships, contain behaviors, create insight, and enhance self-regulation.
· Supervise graduate-level art therapy interns.
· Coordinate and support art therapy, creative writing, and yoga volunteers for Miriam’s Studio.
· Order and maintain art supplies. Oversee the proper maintenance of guest artwork and disposal of art materials. Facilitating process for cleaning up after Miriam’s Studio.
· Coordinate art exhibitions with community partners, including maintaining release forms and working with guests to understand the scope of specific exhibitions.
Community Support Worker. Jail Diversion Team & Art Therapist
The Green Door, Washington, DC.
2011 - 2013
Develop treatment plans and complete psychosocial assessments
Develop and implement Expressive Arts Counseling with groups and individuals
Assist clients in identifying personal recovery goals
Provide psychoeducation and teach symptom management skills to minimize the effects of symptoms on individuals’ daily lives
Access community resources such as entitlements, food banks, housing, and medical care
Teach coping skills including emotional regulation, relaxation skills and anger management
Attend court hearings and work with legal representatives regarding Mental Illness
Activity Coordinator/Art Therapist (Next Step Day Treatment)
Collaborate with colleagues to plan and lead group sessions that enhance clients’ psychiatric stability, self-esteem, coping skills, social support, and health.
Build a sense of community with staff and clients.
Guide clients in developing their goals for recovery.
Develop group curricula materials based in effective expressive therapy and counseling theories.
Responsible for a caseload of 15 to 20 clients.
Provide individual counseling and art therapy.
Adjunct Faculty, Child and Adolescent Studies.
Bowie State University.
2011 - present
- Develop a class syllabus.
- Order the appropriate books and materials in advance of the class start date.
- Prepare lectures, projects or other student assignments.
- Present instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
- Grade student assignments and exams in timely manner.
- Collect and submit student assessment data.
- Submit completed mid-semester progress reports and final grades according to University regulations.
The George Washington University. Washington, DC.
2008 - 2010
Graduated with Master of Arts in Art Therapy, with an emphasis on Trauma Informed Care and Counseling.
University of Maryland. College Park, MD.
2003 - 2007
Graduated with Dual Bachelor of Arts, in Psychology and Studio Art.